Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Steve Shafer's Photography at Frank

Steve Shafer's fine art photograph was juried into the Chapel Hill Camera Club Show at FRANK Gallery. Please join him at the opening reception this Saturday, Nov. 21st from 1-4pm. 

There will be a walk-around discussion of the club's pieces by Barbara Tyroler at 2PM. The exhibit is on view from November 1- to December 6."  

Steve's enthusiasm for his photography is evident in his work which can be seen on his website,  http://steveshaferphotography-art.com/

He shares this enthusiasm as he speaks about his craft and his creative journey, "I love photography and most visual art. I enjoy capturing images that we don’t usually pay attention to in our daily lives. My favorite photographic subjects are people, architecture, nature and historic sites.

When I was growing up in Budapest, Hungary, my first experience with photography was in high school with a Leica 35mm film camera. Soon after, I learned darkroom processing and that knowledge was helpful later on in my graphic design career. 

Most of my life I have been working with visual art in one form or another, and photography has always been a strong component. The advancements in the fields of digital photography and post-processing has enabled me to express my photographic artistry in ways that I have not experienced before and I want to share my view of the world around us" 

 109 E, Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27312  919-636-4135 frankisart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment